Education Creates Understanding
Wellness is energized through mutual understanding. Mutual understanding is created through education and communication. Technology today offers an unprecedented opportunity for health education. In addition to traditional informational pamphlets and paper handouts, healthcare consumers access written and multimedia information online, through mobile apps, and in patient portals.
Whether you create the content, content delivery channels or technology, or both, as a health educator your mission starts with developing a solid strategy. To create a solid knowledge-base that is accessible to diverse populations, localization must be part of the entire content lifecycle.
- Discovering, strategizing and planning quality content includes understanding diverse audiences and their communication styles and preferences.
- Drafting content and related design elements to resonate across language and culture, or to target a specific audience.
- Publishing and promoting content across various platforms while keeping in mind the ways in which diverse audiences prefer to access content.
- Recycling or reusing content by localizing content to appeal to a new target audience.
- Analyzing content to measure performance within target demographics, including the success of the content in different languages and within different cultures.
- Retiring content not only when it becomes stale our obsolete, but also where cultural references become outdated.
From Print to Internet and Beyond
Gone are the days when the tri-fold pamphlet in the doctor’s waiting room was the primary source of patient education. Today, health education content is delivered in many ways:
- eLearning Systems
- Interactive Patient Education Systems
- Mobile Apps
- Social Media
- Seminars and Workshops
- And More!
Language Solutions for Health Education
Vocalink Global provides the language solutions you need to ensure your learners hear and understand health education content:
- eLearning Localization to adapt your e-learning content and courses, whether in-house or off-the-shelf, to ensure both language and culture fit with your target audience.
- Multimedia Localization to include full language accessibility and cultural relevance in your presentations, videos, and interactive learning systems.
- Website Localization to maintain your intended user experience across languages, cultures, and platforms.
- Transcreation to ensure your content resonates with your target audience.
- Onsite interpreting for conferences, seminars, and workshops
- Video translation, including subtitling, closed captioning and voice over, to offer engaging video content in any language.
- Mobile App Localization to keep your educational materials at the fingertips of your diverse audience.